The wheelcaps had seen better days and have been replaced with fresh ones. These are the small mods/repairs which actually make a bigger difference than one might expect.
For interest sake, I weighed the Monaco Mirabeau wheel which I have mounted on the S80 at the moment. The car felt faster compared to the Canopus wheel, but I was wrong.
The Monaco wheel is a tad heavier, weighing about 20.88 kg.
Found a nice set on eBay Kleinanzeigen for my Volvo S80 2.4T Wasa Limited edition. They are black 19″ inch Monaco Mirabeau wheels, which fit the black Volvo great. Very happy with them 🙂
Bought myself a “new” 14 inch set (thanks Marktplaats.nl 🙂 ) and fitted them off course. I weighed the wheels to see the difference, funny to see how there is quite a difference between de Uniroyal RainExpert 2 & Barum Brilliantis tyres.
The 14inch steel wheel + Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons tyres weighed less than expected.
14 inch wheel + Uniroyal RainExpert 2 tyre
14 inch wheel + Barum Brilliantis 2 tyre
14 inch steel wheel + Goodyear Vector 4 tyre
Camera: Canon Powershot S110
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Replacing the 722.6 Gearbox Conductor Plate & Transmission Fluid Refresh
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Front Suspension Refresh
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Ball Joint Special Tool
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, My Car In 2013
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Yellow Fog Lights
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Replacing Roof Window Trim
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Repairing The Airmatic Compressor to Valveblock Airline