Added extra heat insulation on the airboxes, as they sit on top of the hot V8 engine (almost like a “hot v” setup). They can use all the help they can need to keep the incoming air as cool as possible, and using gold heat reflective tape is one of them.
Noticed that one of the plastic intake tubes was broken, so I replaced them both. Fortunately, the intake pipes only costs 11 euro per piece, which is a steal!
I added gold plated tape, to fend of radiating heat and keep the incoming air as cool as possible. Took quite some time and effort, but I am happy with the end result and how it looks in the engine bay.
See all CLS55 AMG pictures here in my Google Photos album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6SP5PFAUXCqanoSX9
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Broken Brake Light Switch (Intermittent)
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Black Wiper Filler Cap (Pre Facelift W211)
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Photoshoot During Driveaholic.nl Review
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Featured On Driveaholic.nl
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, First Dragy 100-200km/u Measurement, 9.72s!
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Original Gates Serpentine Belt 1139970292 6K2449
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, SL65 AMG Grille