Bought a upgrade for the subframe. The polyurethane bushings are inserted into the rubber subframe bushings, which tightens them up and limit the movement in them.
Highly recommended from a performance point of view (night and day difference when cornering). But be aware, they do introduce vibrations into the cabin. It will take some time before these settle and the vibration will be lower in the end.
I wanted a cleaner look for the front grill and decided to use plastidip instead of the carbon wrap. It came out great and suits the black S80 very well.
I used Motip Removable Coating instead of classic Plastidip and it holds very well till this day.
Also repainted the front trim with bumperspray (which didn’t hold by the way).
I noticed some strange behaviour when lifting the throttle and decided to service the CBV aka Compressor Bypass Valve. I was right, car drives a lot better after replacing it with a fresh CBV / DV (Diverter Valve).
I went with an aftermarket TRITDT K5T09671.
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification