In the mean time, they have been sold already, but I stumbled upon a pristine set of winter wheels. Not far over the border, I found a 19″ BBS ASA TEC GT3 set in candy red, which on paper should look awesome (black car, candy red wheels).
Unfortunately I wasn’t happy with the looks, but they served me well for 1 winter and I got a lot of feedback on it, which was funny!
The are very heavy, but that is also due to the runflat winter tyres. The combo weighed in a hefty 24.3 kg.
A highly recommended repair / modification for all older Volvo owners. Replacing the old rubber vacuum lines with strong durable silicone hoses. I bought 3 color hoses (red / black/ blue) as the original hoses also have color stamps on them. Old rubber hoses deteriorate from heat and moisture and will fail over time. Replacing them with silicone hoses ensures a proper running car!
Bought a steering wheel cover, as the steering wheel had seen better days. I have done this mod a couple of times before and was always happy with the result, so no hesitation this time 🙂 Again very pleased with the results. Costs about 5 USD from Aliexpress. I chose black faux leather with red stitching for the VW Golf.
Work in progress
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification