Replaced the original CLS55 AMG 3 louvre grille with a single louvre Mercedes SL65 AMG type of grille. I didn’t expect the grille to make such a difference in looks. Very happy with the outcome!
Converted the license plate lights to LED units (thanks to Aliexpress). Instantly gives the car a more modern look. I applied some dark window tint film, to tone down the intensity. Too much LED light gives off a “chav” image, which is something I want to prevent at all times.
See all CLS55 AMG pictures here in my Google Photos album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6SP5PFAUXCqanoSX9
I already wrapped part of the grille, but decided to also wrap the larger diagonal parts. Looks much more modern, which was the aim of this mini project.
In the meantime, I plastidipped the grill matte black, but that will be shown in later posts 🙂
As the stock grill is quite dull, it also looks dated. I wanted to upgrade the looks and decided to test a carbon 4D wrap, as the facelift grille does not transfer to the older model. It was quite tedious, but it worked out perfectly! Like the way it looks now 🙂
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Broken Brake Light Switch (Intermittent)
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Black Wiper Filler Cap (Pre Facelift W211)
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Photoshoot During Driveaholic.nl Review
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Featured On Driveaholic.nl
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, First Dragy 100-200km/u Measurement, 9.72s!
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Original Gates Serpentine Belt 1139970292 6K2449
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, SL65 AMG Grille