Decided to mod the intake flap to a more direct version, which should aid in forcing air into the airbox. Performance could be better, although right now I dont have the means to measure this.
Saw this on Subaru Impreza’s and wanted to try this on the Golf MK3 platform. Quite happy with the results on the aftermarket grill, but looks even better with the stock grill (which is mounted again by the way). I got them from Aliexpress off course.
How it looks with the aftermarket grill
This is how they are mounted
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification