Replaced the original CLS55 AMG 3 louvre grille with a single louvre Mercedes SL65 AMG type of grille. I didn’t expect the grille to make such a difference in looks. Very happy with the outcome!
I wanted a cleaner look for the front grill and decided to use plastidip instead of the carbon wrap. It came out great and suits the black S80 very well.
I used Motip Removable Coating instead of classic Plastidip and it holds very well till this day.
Also repainted the front trim with bumperspray (which didn’t hold by the way).
Bought a new grille (without the VW logo), but I didn’t want the one with the double louvres, as that has been tried and tested. I noticed this one from JOM and ordered it. Got a message back from a Dutch webshop that they aren’t able to deliver anymore. Searched and found it on German Ebay, for less than price that the Dutch webshop advertised it for, so happy days 🙂
Camera: Nikon D300 / Nikkor 17-55mm
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Broken Brake Light Switch (Intermittent)
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Black Wiper Filler Cap (Pre Facelift W211)
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Photoshoot During Driveaholic.nl Review
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Featured On Driveaholic.nl
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, First Dragy 100-200km/u Measurement, 9.72s!
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Original Gates Serpentine Belt 1139970292 6K2449
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, SL65 AMG Grille