Bought a new BSR Optiflow kit as I wanted a little bit more blowoff + compressor noise. I can also fit my Velocity Stack filter (150mm diameter).
It has been sold in the meantime as the extra induction noise does not fit the S80 to be honest.
BSR Kit: 4900705
Max HP: 410 HP
Needed to change the interior / combofilter and was suprised by this malformed unit.
Looks like someone didnt do their job properly…Shameful really.
Easy DIY job, which shouldn’t take more than half an hour.
Decided to clean and service the stock Denso injectors. Rubber rings get hard and brittle over time and tend to leak. Also the filter baskets might be contaminated over time, especially if the fuel filter is not part of your regular service intervals (which mine S80 lacked…).
I bought this kit of Aliexpress and the quality looks very nice. It contains all the items needed, including a special tool for removing/mounting the filter baskets.
The pictures will speak for themselves (it was needed!).
A very old fuel filter.
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification