Needed to change the interior / combofilter and was suprised by this malformed unit.
Looks like someone didnt do their job properly…Shameful really.
Easy DIY job, which shouldn’t take more than half an hour.
Decided to clean and service the stock Denso injectors. Rubber rings get hard and brittle over time and tend to leak. Also the filter baskets might be contaminated over time, especially if the fuel filter is not part of your regular service intervals (which mine S80 lacked…).
I bought this kit of Aliexpress and the quality looks very nice. It contains all the items needed, including a special tool for removing/mounting the filter baskets.
The pictures will speak for themselves (it was needed!).
A very old fuel filter.
Performed some big maintenance work on the Golf GTI as this was highly needed. Always feels good when it has been done, in a nutshell:
- Oil change (5W40)
- Brake fluid change (DOT 4)
- Fuel filter change
- Oil filter change
- New PCV / Oil Seperator valve
- New Ignition coil
- New Coolant Temperature sensor
- New Air filter element
- New interior filter (active carbon filter)
- New Bosch Aerotwin Wiper blades
- New Brake pads front + back
- Volvo S80 2.4T Rakaror 3″ Stainless Resonated Catback
- Volvo S80 2.4T Brembo Xtra Line Drilled Brake Discs
- Volvo S80 2.4T 3rd Brake Light Mod
- Volvo S80 2.4T New Serpentine Belt Tensioner
- Volvo S80 2.4T BSR Optiflow Kit
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW Gravity Performance eBay Exhaust
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW Heatwrapped Stainless Exhaust