When fitting the 3″ BSR downpipe, I needed a new exhaust. As a temporary solution, I bought a standard exhaust kit (resonator and backbox) and modified the midpipe (cut the resonator out). It sounds quite nice for a default exhaust, but cannot beat a stainless exhaust 🙂
To upgrade the performance on any turbo powered car, you need “breating” upgrades. The car needs to inhale better (intake modifications), but also exhale better (exhaust modifications).
The most important component in the exhale process is the downpipe, the first pipe after the turbo. Upgrading this to a larger diameter, will allow for quicker turbo spool, which helps in scavenging but also in building boost.
As a pleasant side effect, the exhaust note will also be more throaty! The S80 has very limited options on paper, but I was able to buy and fit this with help from J&D Auto Onderdelen, who helped me tremendously in the pre-sales process (making sure that everything would fit). I can highly recommend them!
It’s a quite expensive upgrade, but well worth it.
It’s highly recommended to get some new nuts for securing the downpipe.
Old vs new, look into the differences in the diameter of the neck.
Made some flyby shots of my daily Volvo s80 2.4T which has some modifications as it is being prepared for a stage 3 tune (swapping the 13T over for a 16T T5 turbo).
Film was shot during a meeting from forum Seat-Online.nl , which was held on 26-05-2019.
- DO88.se Silicone Turbo Intake Pipe
- DO88.se Silicone Intercooler Hoses
- Pierburg HD Porsche TCV
- BSR 3″ inch Downpipe with Sportcat
- Rakaror 3″ inch Stainless Exhaust
- ProPerfekt CBV / Diverter Valve
- Mamba Wastegate Actuator 0.3 BAR
- SuperPro Engine Mount
- Polyurethane Gearbox Mount
- Polyurethane Subframe Inserts
- Full Stage 0 tune
Location: Flight Forum Eindhoven
Scored a uprated exhaust manifold, which is stock on newer turbo models. It has better runners and collector.
It should give some extra performance and also has a lower thermal load, which should reduce the strain on the turbo and exhaust.
Made in Japan
Volvo Partnr: 30637921
When I had the OEM exhaust, I wanted to have the center silencer removed, as the OEM exhaust is very good in keeping the car silent. But this car needs to make a little noise, so I decided to modify the stock middle pipe.
Gives a little bit more sound, without being to loud.
Also weighed it, and it weighs a mere 6.7KG .
- ReWICo: Nu nog even uitvogelen waarom het droger deel het niet echt lekker doet.
- ReWiCo: Vergat te vermelden dat het in mijn geval om de widl126 was/droog combi ging.
- Andy Ramdin: Mooi dat het uiteindelijk gelukt is. Wij zijn nog steeds in het bezit van dezelfde...
- ReWICo: Inmiddels zitten we half 2020. Ook de operatie uitgevoerd en ze alledrie vervangen....
- Robert: [IMG]https://www.mupload.nl/im g/7vyr9co1j.jpg[/IMG] Probleem met mijn indesit...
- Andy Ramdin: Hahaha mooi om te horen! Die van ons draait ook nog steeds na al die jaren (na deze...
- Mjose Timmermans: Hey Andy, Hoe geweldig. Wij wonen vlakbij Waalwijk. Hup naar Boris...