As a lot of older Volvo’s, my S80 showed the cumbersome “Alarmservice needed” message. I decided to search for a fix instead of buying a new one, which costs about €280 – €300, which is a lot of money.
The process is very simple, slicing open the siren, disconnecting the battery pack and plugging in the new battery pack. The hard part is to remove the security bolt, I used a angle grinder and then tapping it out. I used a normal bolt when I mounted the siren again.
I bought it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/152151139597
S60, S70, V70, S80 & XC Series
Type: Varta button cells
Rating: 7.2V, 320mAh
P/N: GP320BVH6A6, N2H280
Finish: Green wrapped
Connector: Mini-Volvo connector
Compatible with 8637399, 8622268, 9452709 & 9162941 siren modules
Cable length: 60mm
Bought a new grille (without the VW logo), but I didn’t want the one with the double louvres, as that has been tried and tested. I noticed this one from JOM and ordered it. Got a message back from a Dutch webshop that they aren’t able to deliver anymore. Searched and found it on German Ebay, for less than price that the Dutch webshop advertised it for, so happy days 🙂
Camera: Nikon D300 / Nikkor 17-55mm
The Aygo has pretty flimsy doors, which don’t help much with the sound quality of your sound system & background noise when you are driving your car. I bought some sound proofing on eBay & added it on the front + rear doors & spare tire well.
Sound quality has been improved greatly & road noise has been reduced. All in all a must have mod for your Toyota Aygo / Peugeot 107 or Citroen C1.
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification