When fitting the 3″ BSR downpipe, I needed a new exhaust. As a temporary solution, I bought a standard exhaust kit (resonator and backbox) and modified the midpipe (cut the resonator out). It sounds quite nice for a default exhaust, but cannot beat a stainless exhaust 🙂
To upgrade the performance on any turbo powered car, you need “breating” upgrades. The car needs to inhale better (intake modifications), but also exhale better (exhaust modifications).
The most important component in the exhale process is the downpipe, the first pipe after the turbo. Upgrading this to a larger diameter, will allow for quicker turbo spool, which helps in scavenging but also in building boost.
As a pleasant side effect, the exhaust note will also be more throaty! The S80 has very limited options on paper, but I was able to buy and fit this with help from J&D Auto Onderdelen, who helped me tremendously in the pre-sales process (making sure that everything would fit). I can highly recommend them!
It’s a quite expensive upgrade, but well worth it.
It’s highly recommended to get some new nuts for securing the downpipe.
Old vs new, look into the differences in the diameter of the neck.
Made some flyby shots of Sander’s Seat Leon 1M 1.8T 20VT with Stage 1 tune (240BHP 380Nm). The car is stripped and equipped with some good supporting mods like a 3″ stainless downpipe + stainless catback and lightweight OZ Ultraleggeras with Nankang NS2R Semi Slicks.
Film was shot during a meeting from forum Seat-Online.nl , which was held on 26-05-2019
Sander’s Instagram > https://www.instagram.com/leon_20vt/
- Stage 1 Tuned
- K03S Turbo
- 3″ Inch Downpipe
- 2.5″ Custom Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust by NM Parts
- SFS Big Bore Turbo Intake Pipe
- Forge DV
- OZ Ultraleggera lightweight wheels
- Nankang NS2R SEMI SLICKS
- Stripped Car Trackday Tool
- Cupra R Trim
Location: Flight Forum Eindhoven
Made some flyby shots of my daily Volvo s80 2.4T which has some modifications as it is being prepared for a stage 3 tune (swapping the 13T over for a 16T T5 turbo).
Film was shot during a meeting from forum Seat-Online.nl , which was held on 26-05-2019.
- DO88.se Silicone Turbo Intake Pipe
- DO88.se Silicone Intercooler Hoses
- Pierburg HD Porsche TCV
- BSR 3″ inch Downpipe with Sportcat
- Rakaror 3″ inch Stainless Exhaust
- ProPerfekt CBV / Diverter Valve
- Mamba Wastegate Actuator 0.3 BAR
- SuperPro Engine Mount
- Polyurethane Gearbox Mount
- Polyurethane Subframe Inserts
- Full Stage 0 tune
Location: Flight Forum Eindhoven
Na het monteren van mn nieuwe 3″ Toyosports Decat Downpipe (katloos) moest ik uiteraard een filmpje schieten. Niet alleen is de performance toegenomen, het geluid ook (in positieve zin). Wat een verschil met de originele downpipe, die heeft een grote restrictie. Snap niet dat Seat de Leon 1.8T laat uitademen door een rietje. Problem solved & genieten geblazen!
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification