Replaced the Aliexpress Pierburg valve with a brand new original Pierburg unit. These are also known as the “Porsche” TCV and sold by ARDideas. Must have part for about 20-30 euro.
The difference is noticeable, especially when driving with half throttle.
Bought a retrofit projector kit which will be fitted in OEM Volvo headlights for my S80. This will ensure that using HIDs or LED will not blind other drivers. The projector kit was sourced from Aliexpress. They are bixenon, but you can just snip off the wires as this functionality is not needed in the S80. The high beams are a separate H7 bulb.
Highly recommended, fitting them is quite easy. There is no butyl or permaseal used on these headlights. Only a small number of metal clips are used to gain access to the headlight internals.
I bundled them with H1 Led units, there give a tremendous amount of light without disturbing other road users.
The images should speak for themselves. If not, leave a comment!
Snip away some of the material as shown.
The end result looks good, very happy with the results
The old OEM armrest with the phone which I replaced for a new one (without the phone).
It was replaced with a new cream colored vinyl armrest from Aliexpress. Looks like new!
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification