Performed the swiss cheese mod, or wak box / wakbox or whatever you want to call it to the lower part of the airbox. Sounds a little bit better & seems to have a little impact on the butt dyno.
Also fitted a new paper OEM air filter.
The best airfilter on the Golf MK3 GTI platform is the original airbox with paper filter. But you might miss out on induction noise, something so desired on any naturally aspirated (NA) engine 🙂
There are ways to give you some induction noise, namely:
- Drilling the airbox
- Removing the snoot to the side of the car
- Fitting a (Bonrath) Powerrohr / roar
I bought myself an extra airbox and removed the snoot + drilled extra holes on the cold side of the car.
Removeing the snoot
Fitted a new airfilter
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification