Performed the swiss cheese mod, or wak box / wakbox or whatever you want to call it to the lower part of the airbox. Sounds a little bit better & seems to have a little impact on the butt dyno.
Also fitted a new paper OEM air filter.
The best airfilter on the Golf MK3 GTI platform is the original airbox with paper filter. But you might miss out on induction noise, something so desired on any naturally aspirated (NA) engine 🙂
There are ways to give you some induction noise, namely:
- Drilling the airbox
- Removing the snoot to the side of the car
- Fitting a (Bonrath) Powerrohr / roar
I bought myself an extra airbox and removed the snoot + drilled extra holes on the cold side of the car.
Removeing the snoot
Fitted a new airfilter
- Volvo S80 2.4T Rakaror 3″ Stainless Resonated Catback
- Volvo S80 2.4T Brembo Xtra Line Drilled Brake Discs
- Volvo S80 2.4T 3rd Brake Light Mod
- Volvo S80 2.4T New Serpentine Belt Tensioner
- Volvo S80 2.4T BSR Optiflow Kit
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW Gravity Performance eBay Exhaust
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW Heatwrapped Stainless Exhaust