When I bought the car, it was missing a skidplate. A skidplate has a number of purposes, like protection, keeping dirt out, but also improving underbody aerodynamics and improving cooling and fuel economy of the car. A car is cooled by pulling air through your radiator (by the flow of lower pressure air under your car), instead of purely relying on high pressure on the front of the car.
I bought this Rezaw-Plast one via Motointegrator.de and it had a very good price (33 euro is a steal!). Fitment is very good, aligns well with the stock mounting holes.
Partnr: RP151901 / 151901 / 8634813 / 30741855 / 8624664 / 30741968
Decided to mod the intake flap to a more direct version, which should aid in forcing air into the airbox. Performance could be better, although right now I dont have the means to measure this.
Performed some big maintenance work on the Golf GTI as this was highly needed. Always feels good when it has been done, in a nutshell:
- Oil change (5W40)
- Brake fluid change (DOT 4)
- Fuel filter change
- Oil filter change
- New PCV / Oil Seperator valve
- New Ignition coil
- New Coolant Temperature sensor
- New Air filter element
- New interior filter (active carbon filter)
- New Bosch Aerotwin Wiper blades
- New Brake pads front + back
- Volvo S80 2.4T Rakaror 3″ Stainless Resonated Catback
- Volvo S80 2.4T Brembo Xtra Line Drilled Brake Discs
- Volvo S80 2.4T 3rd Brake Light Mod
- Volvo S80 2.4T New Serpentine Belt Tensioner
- Volvo S80 2.4T BSR Optiflow Kit
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW Gravity Performance eBay Exhaust
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW Heatwrapped Stainless Exhaust