Bought a Teflon (PTFE) intake spacer for the intake manifold from Thermatec. It will isolate the intake manifold from the warm engine, which will result in lower intake temperatures. The phenolic spacers are identical in function, only the material used is different.
Lowering the Intake Air Temperature (IAT), will result in higher power figures. A simple supporting mod, which is quite inexpensive.
Pro tip: make a small indentation in the top left corner of the spacer where the bolt would go through the spacer/gasket (where the thermostat housing is), this will make the installation a lot easier due to the restricted space in that area.
Bought a new BSR Optiflow kit as I wanted a little bit more blowoff + compressor noise. I can also fit my Velocity Stack filter (150mm diameter).
It has been sold in the meantime as the extra induction noise does not fit the S80 to be honest.
BSR Kit: 4900705
Max HP: 410 HP
When I bought the car, it was missing a skidplate. A skidplate has a number of purposes, like protection, keeping dirt out, but also improving underbody aerodynamics and improving cooling and fuel economy of the car. A car is cooled by pulling air through your radiator (by the flow of lower pressure air under your car), instead of purely relying on high pressure on the front of the car.
I bought this Rezaw-Plast one via Motointegrator.de and it had a very good price (33 euro is a steal!). Fitment is very good, aligns well with the stock mounting holes.
Partnr: RP151901 / 151901 / 8634813 / 30741855 / 8624664 / 30741968
- DeWalt DCF899 impact wrench VS stubborn Volvo S80 Crank Pulley Nut VS Parkside PASSK 20-Li A1
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – New Downstream O2 Sensor
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Injector Service
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Servicing the Eaton M45 supercharger
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Sitting in the driveway
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Airbox Intake Modification
- Mini Cooper S R53 JCW – Vacuum Gain System VGS Modification