Bought a new grille (without the VW logo), but I didn’t want the one with the double louvres, as that has been tried and tested. I noticed this one from JOM and ordered it. Got a message back from a Dutch webshop that they aren’t able to deliver anymore. Searched and found it on German Ebay, for less than price that the Dutch webshop advertised it for, so happy days 🙂
Camera: Nikon D300 / Nikkor 17-55mm
The best airfilter on the Golf MK3 GTI platform is the original airbox with paper filter. But you might miss out on induction noise, something so desired on any naturally aspirated (NA) engine 🙂
There are ways to give you some induction noise, namely:
- Drilling the airbox
- Removing the snoot to the side of the car
- Fitting a (Bonrath) Powerrohr / roar
I bought myself an extra airbox and removed the snoot + drilled extra holes on the cold side of the car.
Removeing the snoot
Fitted a new airfilter
And then it was time for a change, a new car. But it didn’t go smoothly, not at all. I traded my 2009 Toyota Aygo with a Volkswagen (VW) Golf MK3 GTI 2.0 8v (1996, AGG engine code), after having an extended test drive which didn’t show any weird signs. Car handled nicely, especially for that age.
But on the way back it broke down, RPM gauge dropped instantly and car died (electrics worked though). Long story short, I was pulled back home and was able to fix the issue a day or two later by swapping out the Crankshaft Position sensor (G28) and as a precaution, I also swapped out the Fuel Pump Relay (nr 30).
So a little bit of a headache & mixed feelings later, I am still very happy with my swap!
Back home (finally!)
- OSX TMUTIL Delete Error 2 Solution
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Replacing The Supercharger Idler Pulley
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Replacing The 4 AMG Exhaust Rubbers
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Solving AirMatic Issues
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Leather Maintenance With Sonax Leather Care
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Replacing The Power Steering Reservoir & Fluid
- Mercedes CLS55 AMG W219, Servicing The Supercharger Oil