Monthly archives: October, 2017
Ditched the old stock system and bought myself a stainless system from TA Technix, which was very easy on the wallet and looked the part. Fitment was a bit of a ball ache as some modding was required, but looks good in the end (also sounds nicely btw).
Product No. : EVOG3AE276
EAN-Code : 4250570600896
System consists of a front, mid and back silencer (backbox).
Closeup of the twin 76mm tailpipes.
Closeup of the embossed branding.
I also weighed each part as I was very curious & compared it with the stock system. The new system is a tad lighter.
Performed some big maintenance work on the Golf GTI as this was highly needed. Always feels good when it has been done, in a nutshell:
- Oil change (5W40)
- Brake fluid change (DOT 4)
- Fuel filter change
- Oil filter change
- New PCV / Oil Seperator valve
- New Ignition coil
- New Coolant Temperature sensor
- New Air filter element
- New interior filter (active carbon filter)
- New Bosch Aerotwin Wiper blades
- New Brake pads front + back
Performed the swiss cheese mod, or wak box / wakbox or whatever you want to call it to the lower part of the airbox. Sounds a little bit better & seems to have a little impact on the butt dyno.
Also fitted a new paper OEM air filter.
- Robert: [IMG]https://www.mupload.nl/im g/7vyr9co1j.jpg[/IMG] Probleem met mijn indesit...
- Andy Ramdin: Hahaha mooi om te horen! Die van ons draait ook nog steeds na al die jaren (na deze...
- Mjose Timmermans: Hey Andy, Hoe geweldig. Wij wonen vlakbij Waalwijk. Hup naar Boris...
- Andy Ramdin: Very hard to say, as sound is quite personal. It droned a bit, but wasnt too bad as...
- Peter Tong: hi, i was wondering if it drones on the freeway/highway at all? how quiet is it? can...
- Andy Ramdin: Hi Pieter, Op de tweede foto zie je 3 zwarte torentjes, dit zijn de condensatoren...
- pieter: Welke onderdeeltjes moet ik nu kopen? Blijft onduidelijk, thx!!