Tag: wasa limited edition
Repaired / cleaned the PCV circuit as I saw a lot of oil in the pressure circuit (also see my previous post: http://www.ducked.nl/blog-entries/volvo-s80-2-4t-dirty-clean-turbo-coldside/ ).
Did a little research and the PCV system is almost always the culprit for such issues.
Decided to buy a complete system although ended up cleaning the existing system and only replacing the oil seperator. The tubing was quite some work, I will save that for another time.
Decided to paint the calipers for extra flair and to be honest it looks way better than that rusty brown color.
Bought some MHW Daytona Yellow paint and combined it with the yellow Prancing moose shield.
Bought me some yellow Prancing Mooses / Moose decal as it’s a Volvo thing to do 🙂
In the meantime, they have been replaced by black “carbon” units, which look better. This will be shown in a later post.
I already wrapped part of the grille, but decided to also wrap the larger diagonal parts. Looks much more modern, which was the aim of this mini project.
In the meantime, I plastidipped the grill matte black, but that will be shown in later posts 🙂
Needed to change the interior / combofilter and was suprised by this malformed unit.
Looks like someone didnt do their job properly…Shameful really.
Easy DIY job, which shouldn’t take more than half an hour.
When I last performed maintenance to the window sliders, I noticed the doors had not been soundproofed yet. Bought me a big mat on Aliexpress and went to work today.
Door card removal is very easy on the Volvo, so I was done in a very small time frame, which is always nice. The impact of such a simple thing like soundproofing is always noticeable, as the resonance from the tinny doors are removed, which allows for better sounding music + less cabin sound/drone.
Highly recommended & easy to do yourself!
I had some Flyeyes wrap hanging around and decided to test it on the running light and the indicator side lights.
I forgot that I had some black wrap lying around and started off with anthracite wrap, which I re-did in the end. Very happy with the results, and it customizes the car a little bit more, which is exactly what I want 🙂
I noticed that when lifting off (like shifting), there was a lot of movement / play in the engine / gearbox. So when I inspected the upper engine mount, I found the root cause rather quickly. The rubber deteriorated and there wasn’t much left of the original rubber bushing.
Having read the other options, like fitting a polybush, I went with the SuperPro version which looked like a good bit of kit. Mounting the new polyurethane kit was quite a breeze. Fortunately, the original bushing has a plastic ring 🙂 The SuperPro kit consists of 2 pieces, which makes the mount very easy to replace.
Result: a much better shifting car, putting the power down goes a lot better now. I will also replace the bottom gearbox mount with a polyurethane version soon.
Very easy job to do at home. This also applies to the S60 and V70, as these are quite identical.
Broken upper engine mount…
Tearing it down
Comparing old to new
Small modification, getting rid of the fried egg look and replacing them with Chrome / Amber versions does the front of the S80 good. Cost a small amount and looks much cleaner.
- Andy Ramdin: Mooi dat er weer een machine is gered door een simpele oplossing. Veel schone wasjes...
- Papo: Zo vandaag alles open gemaakt, los/vast gesoldeerd en viola wasmachine doet het weer als...
- Daan: Succes man!
- Andy Ramdin: Hi Cor, mooi om te horen. Ik denk dat je even het boardje zelf moet inspecteren voor...
- Cor: ik heb het zelfde probleem ook gehad, en je tips werkte fantastisch. hij heeft weer jaren...
- Andy Ramdin: Top, mooi dat er weer iemand zn wasmachine heeft kunnen redden (en veel geld heeft...
- Kevin: Gisteren aan de slag geweest met mijn widl126 was/droog combi. Werkte fantastisch!...