Decided to mod the intake flap to a more direct version, which should aid in forcing air into the airbox. Performance could be better, although right now I dont have the means to measure this.
When I bought the S80, it was evident that the plastic trim had seen better days. So I decided to spend some time and repaint it black. As expected, it transformed the car tremendously. I highly recommend this!
The Golf MK3 GTI showed some big signs of rust, which jeopardized my APK (MOT) status for this year. Simply put, I had 2 choices,
- Invest quite some money in the Golf MK3 GTI for solving the rust issues and keep driving
- Swap/sell it straightaway and drive something else
I have chosen for the latter as the title already suggests. But what is a proper replacement for the Golf MK3 GTI which also falls into budget? Needles to say, I needed a wishlist to get to some conclusion…I ended up with this:
- More than 4 cilinders
- More power than the GTI
- No VAG car
- More luxury than the GTI
- Bigger than the GTI
- Optional: automatic gearbox
I ended up with a Volvo S80 from 2001 with a 5 cilinder (2.4 liters) turbocharged engine. It ticks all the boxes, except for my optional item (#6), as it has stick shift. It isn’t bad, but a automatic gearbox would complement the car even more. Let the pictures speak for itself!
- Robert: [IMG]https://www.mupload.nl/im g/7vyr9co1j.jpg[/IMG] Probleem met mijn indesit...
- Andy Ramdin: Hahaha mooi om te horen! Die van ons draait ook nog steeds na al die jaren (na deze...
- Mjose Timmermans: Hey Andy, Hoe geweldig. Wij wonen vlakbij Waalwijk. Hup naar Boris...
- Andy Ramdin: Very hard to say, as sound is quite personal. It droned a bit, but wasnt too bad as...
- Peter Tong: hi, i was wondering if it drones on the freeway/highway at all? how quiet is it? can...
- Andy Ramdin: Hi Pieter, Op de tweede foto zie je 3 zwarte torentjes, dit zijn de condensatoren...
- pieter: Welke onderdeeltjes moet ik nu kopen? Blijft onduidelijk, thx!!