Needed to change the interior / combofilter and was suprised by this malformed unit.
Looks like someone didnt do their job properly…Shameful really.
Easy DIY job, which shouldn’t take more than half an hour.
Decided to clean and service the stock Denso injectors. Rubber rings get hard and brittle over time and tend to leak. Also the filter baskets might be contaminated over time, especially if the fuel filter is not part of your regular service intervals (which mine S80 lacked…).
I bought this kit of Aliexpress and the quality looks very nice. It contains all the items needed, including a special tool for removing/mounting the filter baskets.
The pictures will speak for themselves (it was needed!).
A very old fuel filter.
Performed some big maintenance work on the Golf GTI as this was highly needed. Always feels good when it has been done, in a nutshell:
- Oil change (5W40)
- Brake fluid change (DOT 4)
- Fuel filter change
- Oil filter change
- New PCV / Oil Seperator valve
- New Ignition coil
- New Coolant Temperature sensor
- New Air filter element
- New interior filter (active carbon filter)
- New Bosch Aerotwin Wiper blades
- New Brake pads front + back
- Robert: [IMG]https://www.mupload.nl/im g/7vyr9co1j.jpg[/IMG] Probleem met mijn indesit...
- Andy Ramdin: Hahaha mooi om te horen! Die van ons draait ook nog steeds na al die jaren (na deze...
- Mjose Timmermans: Hey Andy, Hoe geweldig. Wij wonen vlakbij Waalwijk. Hup naar Boris...
- Andy Ramdin: Very hard to say, as sound is quite personal. It droned a bit, but wasnt too bad as...
- Peter Tong: hi, i was wondering if it drones on the freeway/highway at all? how quiet is it? can...
- Andy Ramdin: Hi Pieter, Op de tweede foto zie je 3 zwarte torentjes, dit zijn de condensatoren...
- pieter: Welke onderdeeltjes moet ik nu kopen? Blijft onduidelijk, thx!!