Easy mod with big results. If you have a Volvo with a choppy window, 9 out of 10, it will be the window sliders. They are quite easy to replace though. Tip: buy them on Aliexpress for cheap!
Decided to mod the intake flap to a more direct version, which should aid in forcing air into the airbox. Performance could be better, although right now I dont have the means to measure this.
I was missing the option to play my own music using a iPod Classic interface, so decided to convert my HU-801 Volvo headunit to my trusty Pioneer 1DIN / Single DIN using a fascia plate and some converter cables.
I like the original look better, but the functionality of the Pioneer outweighs the look a couple of times, which makes it a no-brainer for me.
Upgraded the rear with a trunk spoiler (stick-on type) and it looks quite OEM, which I am very pleased with. Doubt it will give me any extra noticeable downforce, but it looks the parts 🙂
As the car has already passed thr 300.000km mark, it’s time for renewing key components, like the Mass Airflow Meter (MAF). Decided to go OEM and opted for a Bosch one.
Restored some low down power, which is good news. Highly recommended!
Partnr: 0 280 218 088 / 0280218088
New vs Old
To modernize the car and make it more future proof, I decided the replace as much halogen bulbs with LEDs. I didn’t want the 6500k Blueish tint, but instead opted for a warmer white color, which are a little bit more white than their halogen counterparts. Very happy with the end result!
Upgrading the rear light dome cluster
Halogen vs LED
Warm white Festoon LEDs
Unhooking the tab
End result for the rear light cluster
As the stock grill is quite dull, it also looks dated. I wanted to upgrade the looks and decided to test a carbon 4D wrap, as the facelift grille does not transfer to the older model. It was quite tedious, but it worked out perfectly! Like the way it looks now 🙂
- Seat Leon 1M 1.8T 20VT 240BHP 380Nm – Seat Online Brabomeeting 26-05-2019
- NASCAR Whelen Euro Series Raceway Venray 07/14/2019
- Seat Leon 1M 1.8T 20VT Cupra 340BHP 460Nm – Seat Online Brabomeeting 26-05-2019
- Volvo S80 2.4T – Seat Online Brabomeeting 26-05-2019
- Volvo S80 2.4T Old Key to Flip Key
- Volvo S80 2.4T – Me & My 19 inch Passengers
- Volvo S80 2.4T Replacing the Car Battery
- Andy Ramdin: Hahaha mooi om te horen! Die van ons draait ook nog steeds na al die jaren (na deze...
- Mjose Timmermans: Hey Andy, Hoe geweldig. Wij wonen vlakbij Waalwijk. Hup naar Boris...
- Andy Ramdin: Very hard to say, as sound is quite personal. It droned a bit, but wasnt too bad as...
- Peter Tong: hi, i was wondering if it drones on the freeway/highway at all? how quiet is it? can...
- Andy Ramdin: Hi Pieter, Op de tweede foto zie je 3 zwarte torentjes, dit zijn de condensatoren...
- pieter: Welke onderdeeltjes moet ik nu kopen? Blijft onduidelijk, thx!!
- Andy Ramdin: Hahah erg mooi om te lezen dat mn artikel nog steeds mensen helpt met een flinke...